REACT-350 is self-restoring Crash Cushion that absorbs the energy using smart plastic cylinders made of high molecular weight, high-density polyethylene (HMW/HDPE) plastic, they typically regain up to 90% of their original shape after an impact. REACTÃ¢â¬âmeets requirements of NCHRP-350 Test Level-3 as a re-directive, non-gating crash cushion.
The REACT- 350 of Crash cushions is designed for permanent and work zone sites where impacts are expected more than 3 times per year or where traffic congestion and maintenance management is the concern for work crews.
The REACT-350-II is highly efficient, the reusable crash cushion that features 6 high molecular weight/ high-density polyethylene (HMW/HDPE) cylinders attached to a steel base track. The system is NCHRP 350 Test Level complaint as a directive, non-gating crash cushion. The REACT- II has proven self-restoring characteristics after impacted at 62 kph by a 1,808 lb (820 kg) car, or by a 4,409 lb (2,000kg) pick-up truck. The REACT-II can be used to shield narrow hazards of up to 3â (914mm) wide.
- Various cylinder wall thicknesses to accommodate both light cars and heavier high-centre-of-gravity vehicles.
- Extremely efficient, energy absorbing, reusable HMW/HDPE cylinders.
- Minimal maintenance and repair.
- Delivered pre-assembled.
- Low lifecycle costs.
- Optional cylinder covers available.
- Portable or permanent concrete barriers.
- Bridge piers
- Bridge parapets
- Square blocks
- W-beam guardrail
- Thrie-beam guardrail
- Self-contained, steel backup
- Concrete back-up structure Installation and Repair Advantages
- When impacted in NCHRP-350 testing, the system typically regains 90% of its original shape and capacity with minimal maintenance and repair.
- Units arrive fully assembled.
- NCHRP 350 testing impacts require little to no major component replacement resulting in low life cycle cost.
- Installs of new or existing concrete pad or asphalt.
- Anchorage options include: asphalt, concrete, or soil-drive pile.